-->

Sunday 17 April 2016

Steven Universe mini cross stitch: Steven


"I will fight to be everything that everybody wants me to be when I'm grown!"

Here's the first little SU cross stitch design I've been beavering away on! I just need to finish test-stitching my Peridot, Amethyst and Pearl designs - and then I'll get out the graph pad for a Garnet pattern (Garnet is my favourite Gem in the series, so I want to do her justice!)

 Steven measures just under 1.5" x 1.5" on 14-count Aida, making him perfect for mini projects like a patch on a greetings card, a fridge magnet, or even a keyring if you've got some plastic canvas and felt spare.

The photograph of the finished stitching does show the DMC colours written on the chart, but if you have similar colours from another brand, go for it.

There are some fractional stitches and French knots in the pattern, but this chart can be easily done in whole stitches. If you have any small white beads, they'd also work for Steven's eye-sparkles if you're not a fan of French knots.





Happy stitching!

No comments: