-->

Friday 8 August 2014

With a needle and thread










My 'summer hobby' - for when the weather is too humid for yarn - is sewing. These small cross-stitching kits from DMC (I've been doing the Flowers range so far and a couple of the Sweets, although those Vintage sets look pretty nice too) are an excellent hobby for lunch-breaks, the hour I get before work, and summer evenings when Smaz is working on his indie game. Weeny little pictures like this are versatile, cute and are completed very quickly, so I plan to do many more before picking up my knitting needles again.

I also bit the bullet a few weeks ago and bought my very own sewing machine, which I took out for a whirl this Monday to make a couple of shiny new book covers for plain notebooks. I've spent many a year being scared of sewing machines, so I'll start small before working up to big projects.

No comments: